Province Number Five
The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) was established in 1989 (2045 BS). Now we are in federal structure. Hence, CTEVT has 7 offices in each province. In five numberProvince, it is constituted in 2076 BS. Learning, Earning and Paying is the motto of technical education; hence it is the backbone of prosperity for the nation.
Province No. 5 contributes 4,499,272 (16.04%) population of the country. It has 12 districts hilly 6 and terai 6 which are Arghakhanchi, Banke, Bardiaya, Dang, Eastern Rukum, Gulmi, Kapilvastu, Parasi, Palpa, Pyuthan, Rolpa and Rupandehi. The municipalities include four sub-metropolitan cities and 32 municipalities. There are 73 rural municipalities in the province.
“Buddha was born in Nepal” the mile stone starts from the holy land of Gautam Buddha in Provence number five. Now we are in the infant phase in our constitution. We are trying to be dynamic organization which plays the vital role to preach the scope of technical and vocational education in the land of Provence number five. People from Provence number five will feel the warmth of TEVT. We will success to make bridge between entrepreneurs and trained human resources. We will be able to provide the job sustainability to the skill full human resource and minimize the problem of brain drain to aboard. Not only this, will we be able to develop the industrialized technical school which will be run among the worker of industry. The actual norms and value of technical education and vocational training will applied to reduce the poverty elimination of the country. Being the belt of terai and hilly area, we are trying to catch people of varieties which will represent the country. We are unique in the case of commitment, team work, coordination and continue effort to enhance the TEVT.
It is a provincial autonomous apex body of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector committed for the production of technical and skillful human resources required to the nation.
It mainly involves in policy formulation, quality control, preparation of competency based curriculum, developing skill standards of various occupations and testing the skills of the people, conduct various research studies and training needs assessment in local level of province number five.
- Provide advice to the province government regarding TEVT policy and programs.
- Maintain quality of TEVT in Provence no 5.
- Built rapport and coordination with local agencies/NGOs/ CBOs.
- Coordinate and maintain the standard of training by providing curriculum and learning materials to the province level.
- Make monitoring and supervision regarding TEVT.
- Assist for providing accreditation services to Provence level.
- Conduct examination on TEVT in Provence number 5 .
- Carry out research activities in the field of TEVT including training needs assessments/ job market analysis and follow up studies.
- Conduct the short term training/ seminar/ workshop to produce skilled human resources.
- Explore and mobilize national and international assistance needed for the development of TEVT sector in Provence number 5.
- Conduct the skills/occupations test.