The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) constituted in 1989 (2045 BS) is a national autonomous apex body of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector committed for the production of technical and skillful human resources required to the nation. It mainly involves in policy formulation, quality control, preparation of competency based curriculum, developing skill standards of various occupations and testing the skills of the people, conduct various research studies and training needs assessment etc.
After the promulgation of constitution in 2015, Nepal was divided into seven provinces. Lumbini province is one of them. It comprises of Arghakhanchi, Banke, Bardiya, Dang, Eastern Rukum, Gulmi, Kapilvastu, Parasi, Palpa, Pyuthan, Rolpa and Rupandehi districts. As provisioned in the constitution, the government bodies were also restructured to the federal system. CTEVT also constituted its seven provincial offices at the corresponding provinces. Lumbini Province office was accordingly established in Butwal, the then temporary headquarter of Lumbini Province in 2019.
Lumbini Province office of CTEVT mainly performs the following functions:
- Advise the province government on TEVT programs and policy formulation.
- Ensure quality of TEVT programs in Lumbini Province.
- Coordinate local government, local agencies, I/NGOs and CBOs on TEVT programs.
- Monitor and supervise TEVT activities in Lumbini Province.
- Assist CTEVT central office on accreditation processes of institutions in Lumbini Province.
- Conduct CTEVT examination in Lumbini Province.
- Conduct various research activities in TEVT area.
- Conduct short term skill upgrading training, seminar and workshop to produce skilled human resources.
- Explore and mobilize national and international assistance required for the development of TEVT area in Lumbini Province.
- Conduct skills/occupations test in Lumbini Province.